Hail Damage in Inver Grove Heights MN | Tips To Fix Hail Damage
Hail storms can be devastating, but with a little know-how and a few supplies, you can repair the damage yourself. Here are some fixes for common hail-related problems: Hail Damage in Inver Grove Heights MN
If your roof has suffered damage from hail, sometimes the best option is to simply replace the entire roof but it is also possible to repair individual shingles. The process of replacing damaged or missing shingles can be done quickly and easily with just a few tools and supplies.
Before beginning any work on your home’s roof, make sure that you have all of the necessary safety equipment. Always wear a hard hat when working on roofs and use a harness as well as gloves, goggles, and ear plugs to protect yourself against falling debris. You may also want protective clothing such as long sleeves and pants.
When choosing which type of shingle replacement system works best for repairing hail damage depends largely upon how much damage has been sustained by individual shingles within larger sections like valleys or ridges where these parts meet up with others around them.
Small Holes in Siding
Small holes in the siding are easy to patch up yourself.
- Use a putty knife to remove the loose paint from around the damaged area and any hanging pieces of siding.
- Use a pry bar to remove the nail or screw that caused the damage and remove any remaining loose paint with your putty knife.
- Apply a thin coat of wallboard adhesive over any bare wood you have exposed when removing damaged wood or nails/screws, then let it dry for 30 minutes before applying your patching compound over the top of it.
Dents in Aluminum Siding
To remove a dent from aluminum siding, you’ll need to use 3 different methods:
- Hammer and mallet
- Drill bits and woodblock
- Putty knife
If you have access to a power washer, you can use it to clean the siding. You’ll be able to see significant improvement in your house’s appearance by doing this, but it is not recommended that you try this unless you know how to use a power washer.
If you are unable or unwilling to do either of these things yourself, consider hiring someone else who can take care of it for you.
If the window frame is damaged, you may need to replace it. If there’s just a small crack or ding, you can use a little filler to repair it. If the damage is more severe and you think that replacing the entire frame would be easier, then follow these steps:
- Remove the old screen from its frame by removing any screws holding it in place.
- Clean both inside and outside surfaces of your windows with soapy water and dry them with a lint-free cloth.
- Check for missing or broken parts on your new window screens before installing them onto their frames.
Cracked Windows and Window Frames
If you have windows that are in good shape but the frames are damaged, you may be able to repair them yourself with wood glue. However, if your window frame is damaged beyond repair or if the glass has shattered into too many pieces to piece back together, it’s time for professional help.
We hope you feel more confident about tackling your own home repairs now that you know how to fix hail damage. The best thing is that these fixes are easy and affordable, so even if you’re on a budget there are plenty of ways to get the job done! If you need extra help feel free to reach out to a professional like the experts at Capstone Bros. Contracting in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota.