Storm Damage in Elko New Market MN | What To Do If You Have Storm Damage
With the recent string of storms that have been hitting our area, I know many people are wondering how to deal with storm damage. And with good reason! You could be facing a huge repair bill, or even worse: weeks without your home or business. That’s why it’s important to know what you can do if you ever get hit by bad weather and when to call a contractor. Storm Damage in Elko New Market MN
Take Pictures of the Damage
Take pictures of the storm damage. A camera phone or digital camera will work, but you may want to take some shots from different angles and at different times of day (if possible). This will help you remember exactly what happened during the storm, and it can also show insurance adjusters later on.
Write down a list of what was damaged in your home during the storm. Make sure not only to include obvious items–like broken windows or missing shingles–but also any smaller things like furniture or appliances that might not have been damaged by flooding but still suffered from wind gusts or flying debris from nearby trees/buildings being torn apart by high winds. If possible, take pictures with your camera phone or digital camera so that when it comes time for an insurance claim, there’s no question about what needs replacing; this will save time for everyone involved!
Make a List of What You Have and What You Need
If your home or business was hit by damaging wind and rain, it’s time to get down to business. The first thing that should come into play is making a list of everything that was damaged by the storm–and what wasn’t damaged at all. This will help determine what repairs need to happen right away (like replacing broken windows) versus things that can wait until later.
Call In an Expert Contractor to Assess the Damage
As soon as you know your home has been damaged by a storm, it’s important to call in an expert contractor to assess the damages.
- Ask friends and family for recommendations of reputable contractors.
- Look for a licensed, insured, and bonded contractor who can provide references from previous jobs they’ve done.
- Check out the contractor’s website if they have one–it should look professional and contain information about their services and pricing structure. You can also contact references provided by the company to ask about their experience with this particular service provider before deciding whether or not you want them working on your property!
Start the Repair Process
If the damage to your home is a quick fix, start the repair process right away.
- Patch, tape, and caulk any holes in drywall or plaster.
- Clean and wipe down wood surfaces that have been damaged by water or wind (but don’t sand them).
- If there are loose nails in the wood siding that need to be removed before painting over them, go ahead and pull them out now–you won’t want to do this later when you’re trying to paint around them!
Get Estimates From Local Contractors
When you’re ready to get estimates from local contractors, here are some important questions to ask:
- How many years of experience do they have?
- What references can they provide? (and how recent are the references?)
- Do they have insurance coverage?
- Are their licenses up-to-date and in good standing with the state or county board that issued them? If not, can they provide proof that they have applied for new licenses and are waiting for approval?
- What kind of warranty does this contractor offer on his workmanship?
Call in a Contractor Right Away
The longer you wait to get your storm damage repaired, the more likely it is that something will go wrong. Waiting too long can lead to more problems and complications down the road. If you want to avoid these issues, call in a contractor right away so they can fix everything before they become bigger issues.
If you want everything fixed properly and quickly, then you must hire storm damage professionals who know what they are doing. You should make sure that these contractors have experience dealing with similar jobs before hiring them for yours; otherwise, there might be mistakes made during the process which could cause further problems later on down the road!
Storm Damage in Elko New Market MN
If you’re not sure what to do after a storm, it’s best to call in the professionals. They’ll know what kind of storm damage needs immediate attention and how much it will cost to fix. You can save yourself time and money by calling them right away instead of waiting until later when things get worse. If you’ve experienced storm damage, give our team at Capstone Bros. Contracting in Elko New Market, Minnesota a call! We are your trusted contractors specializing in roofing, siding, and window repair services, and would be happy to help you today so contact us!