Storm Damage in Farmington MN | Why Repair Storm Damage? (Part 1)
In the aftermath of a storm, it can be easy to feel overwhelmed and confused. You may be unsure of whether to repair or rebuild your home after a hurricane or other natural disaster has caused damage. In this article, we’ll explore some reasons why getting your house repaired is the best decision for many people affected by storms. Storm Damage in Farmington MN
You might be tempted to ignore it, especially if the damage is hidden. However, this can lead to bigger problems in the future.
If you decide to have your storm damage repaired by a professional, make sure they are licensed and insured.
In addition to the obvious problems of water damage, mold, rot, and other health concerns caused by a damaged roof, there are a few more reasons why you should get your storm-damaged roof repaired.
- A damaged roof not only looks bad but also causes structural damage inside (such as rot). Some people will be willing to overlook this kind of damage but others won’t—especially if they are planning on selling their home or making an offer on yours.
- Leaks can affect comfort levels. Leaky roofs will lead to condensation build-up and moisture in the home that can cause mildew growth and odors emanating from within walls and ceilings throughout the house.
- Damage can also affect energy efficiency—if you’re looking for ways to reduce bills then keeping a close eye on things like insulation quality is key!
Siding is a vital part of the overall structure of your home. It protects you from the elements, keeps water out, and even adds to the aesthetic appeal of your house.
Here are some common types of damage that siding can suffer:
- Hail damage to vinyl siding or aluminum siding
- Lightning damage to vinyl siding or aluminum siding
- Wind damage to vinyl siding or aluminum siding
- Water damage from rain, snow, ice, and sleet that erodes away at the bonds between different materials in your home’s construction
When water leaks are not repaired quickly, they can cause extensive damage to your home. Water may seep into the walls and flooring of your home, causing mold or mildew to grow in the wood, paint, and wallpaper. The wood may rot due to the moisture and become warped or warped as it dries out again after being soaked with water. Paint on walls can peel off as it dries from being saturated by rainwater leaking through cracks in the roof or windows. The wallpaper will start to peel away from the wall if exposed to consistent moisture like what happens during a hurricane or heavy storms that bring lots of rain with them. Drywall also becomes susceptible to cracking when exposed to too much moisture over an extended period of time.
You don’t want to put off how much damage a storm can do. In fact, you need to start repairing it as soon as possible so that your home doesn’t suffer further damage or become vulnerable to other problems down the road. If you’re looking to repair storm damage, contact Capstone Bros. Contracting today. We are a local contracting company specializing in storm damage repair in Farmington, Minnesota.