Storm Damage Repair in New Prague MN | How to spot and repair storm damage to your home’s siding
As a homeowner, you should be able to spot storm damage to your home’s siding, so you can restore the curb appeal of your home quickly. If neglected, storm damage to your home’s siding can cause larger water leakage problems. Storm Damage Repair in New Prague MN is no joke-here’s our tips on how to fix it today!
But fret not! We have good news: You can easily spot damage to your home’s siding. As far as repairs are concerned, hiring a reputable siding repair contractor in New Prague can help you restore the appearance of your home quickly.
In this blog, we help you spot and repair storm damage to your home’s siding in New Prague.
Signs of damage to the siding
Storm damage can cause several common types of damage to your home’s siding. After a storm has passed, look out for signs of:
- Cracking: Cracks are usually found between the ridges and the valley of the panel, and they run parallel to the panel.
- Chipping: A small broken piece of siding at or near the side of the bottom of the ridge. Chipping lessens the impact-resistant property of your siding.
- Peeling: If you observe signs of peeling paint, then it is a sign of water leakage or water damage to your siding.
- Holes: Severe storms can cause holes in your siding. Holes in your siding mean that your siding is unable to protect your home from harmful outdoor elements and should be replaced as soon as possible to avoid further damage.
- Displacement: Severe storms can also rip off your home’s siding completely.
- Dents: Dents may not look worrisome but they can lead to rust formation and ultimately cracks.
Repairing storm damage to the siding
If you see signs of storm damage to your siding, it is important to get it repaired as soon as possible to avoid further damage and higher repair costs.
Now you may want to repair or cover the damage to your siding on the spot but it is best to take photos and detailed notes of the damage to file a successful insurance claim to your insurance provider.
Before you file a claim, request an adjuster to inspect your house. Hire a local siding damage repair contractor in New Prague and ask for a siding repair quote. Quality contractors check your home for damage and help you file an insurance claim as well.
Also, get in touch with your insurance agent to ensure that filing a claim in this situation is the best option for you. Some insurance providers limit the number of claims, so make sure you know all the possible options before you settle on one.
Some homeowners also want to DIY siding repairs but it is best to hire a professional to ensure that your home is safe for your family.
What to do next
At Capstone Bros Contracting, we have trusted siding repair contractors in New Prague to assess damage to your home’s siding, help you file a claim to your insurance providers, and get your home ready for the next storm of the season. We also offer roof repair and window repair services. Get in touch with us to learn more about our services!