Window Repair in Prior Lake MN | Top 3 Ways to Remove Scratches from Glass Windows
Unsightly glass scratches on windows can appear from branches rubbing against the glass to sharp pet claws, storm damage, and more. Repairing window glass damage is essential to prevent cracks. If you want to learn all our Window Repair in Prior Lake MN tips, keep reading!
In this post, we tell you the top 3 ways to remove scratches from glass windows. However, note that if you are not an expert DIY enthusiast, then it is best to hire a local window scratch repair contractor in Prior Lake.
How do window glass scratches occur?
Glass scratches on windows can occur from normal wear and tear. Often, scratches appear over time, so the source of the crack remains a mystery. No matter how and why scratches occur, you can easily DIY window glass scratches.
However, if the crack is deep – such as, if you can feel the groove with your fingers, then you need to get in touch with a pro glass repair contractor in Prior Lake.
Top 3 ways to fix window glass scratches
There are many quick and easy DIY fixes to remove glass scratches on windows. Here are the top 3 methods you can use to fix glass scratches on your windows.
Method #1 The pumice stone or toothpaste method
A mildly abrasive soap or white toothpaste can polish scratches on glass windows.
- Regular white toothpaste, preferably whitening toothpaste containing baking soda; or
- Mildly abrasive soap such as liquid pumice soap; or
- Old washcloth or soft rag
- Clean your window and let it dry
- Take a slightly damp washcloth and apply a small amount of whitening toothpaste to it
- Rub the toothpaste on the scratches using circular motions
- Keep rubbing for at least 1 minute
- Use an old washcloth to wipe the excess toothpaste
- See if the scratch is gone
- Repeat the process
Method #2 The nail polish method
You can also use clear nail polish to fix glass scratches on windows.
- Clear nail polish;
- Nail polish remover;
- Paper towel or old washcloth
- Apply a thin layer of clear nail polish to the scratch
- Let it dry for at least 1 hour
- Moisten the washcloth with nail polish remover and wipe over the scratch to remove excess nail polish
- See if the scratch is gone
Method #3 The glass buffing method
If you are a DIY lover but your window glass needs serious attention, then use a glass or metal polishing product to remove the scratch. You can easily purchase a glass or metal polishing pastes online or even at your local hardware shop in Prior Lake.
- Glass polishing paste; or
- Metal polishing paste;
- Old washcloth
- Follow the directions on the label to apply the glass or metal polishing product to the scratch
- Do not apply too much paste as the excessive product can cause new glass scratches
- Use an old washcloth to wipe the excess away
Hire a pro window scratch repair contractor in Prior Lake now!
If you are dealing with glass scratches on your windows, then you are at the right place! At Capstone Bros Contracting, our pro window scratch repair contractors in Prior Lake help you fix glass scratches on windows easily and quickly. Contact us for more information now!
Capstone Bros Contracting ( Areas We Serve )
Burnsville | Apple Valley | Rosemount | Savage | Bloomington | Prior Lake | Eagan | Lakeville | Farmington | Inver Grove Heights | Richfield | Edina | Eden Prairie | Shakopee | Elko New Market | Minnetonka | Plymouth | Maple Grove | Wayzata | Cottage Grove | Chaska | Chanhassen | Lonsdale | St Paul | Minneapolis | Hopkins | New Prague | Woodbury